A Tribute to Leonard Nimoy

This week's post is a tribute to the late Leonard Nimoy.


Death is one of those things I've never been good at talking about. Leonard Nimoy was one of Star Trek's most beloved actors and a world-wide icon. Millions have been deeply affected by his passing, and I am one of them.

I discovered Star Trek in 2000. I worked the 6 am - 3 pm shift back then and would rush home to watch the sci-fi channel because Star Trek would be on by the time I got to my TV. Mr. Spock was quite the looker; I will not lie. He evoked creativity and jump started my imagination (as cliche as the notion is). I wrote silly adventure stories on the Enterprise involving him and Kirk, which were stored on floppy discs long forgotten and long lost to many moves and deployments.

A friend and I would go to the local Italian fast food place because they had crayons and paper--the staff was all about not adulting when you didn't have to adult. We drew the craziest things, but they always involved Kirk and Spock. The restaurant staff knew us by name, and we convinced them to post one of our silly pictures on the wall next to the children's drawings they let parents pin on the wall. 

Mr. Nimoy, 
Your brought joy to millions in just as many ways. May you rest in peace.

~M.L. Crabb

Popular posts from this blog

Vampires, Ballet Dancers, and a Caption

High Castle is Coming to SDCC Again!

30 Miles to Awesomeville