Have something to say? Want to tell me that The Man in the High Castle is the best? Or do you just want to drop a hello? Fill out the form below to send a message!
Let me tell you how amazing Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle was. I originally wanted to write an in-depth review that covered every single aspect of the new season right after I saw it, but I know it would take ages and be twice as long! I knew I’d enjoy it, but what I didn’t anticipate was how much I would love it and how emotional I’d get as I followed the characters along in their different journeys. I just want to say that I feel like THIS is the show I’ve been waiting for my entire life! I know that sounds a bit overboard, but I’m being honest. It truly is a masterpiece. I’ll just breach the surface on a few things and drop a huge spoiler alert . If you haven’t seen it yet and want to avoid spoilers, don’t read any further. The writers nailed everything that makes an excellent story, three dimensional characters and what I call ‘beautiful tragedies’ (just to name a few things they got right). You find yourself rooting for characters you’d never appreciate othe...
I had my doubts even though the trailers looked awesome. I refused to let myself get excited, and let me just say that I was blown away by how amazing this movie was! If you are a fan of Star Wars, you've either seen it or are waiting for reviews to come in because you don't want to be disappointed with yet another Hollywood "BAM, BLAM, BLING SEQUEL WITH SHINY THINGS so you better give us your money right now" sort of deal. If you fall into the latter category, go buy yourself some tickets right now. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is an exciting, action-adventure film that holds up to the original Star Wars trilogy. It takes place thirty years after Return of the Jedi . The Empire has fallen, but a sinister group called The First Order rises from the ashes while the Resistance has attempted to rebuild the Republic. TFA picks up the pieces for a seamless transition to its own story. I promised not to post spoilers, but here is a list of my favorite things abou...
Last year I made High Castle themed shelf (which grew and took over an entire wall of my dining room!). In that same spirit, I’m working on a WWII/1940s era display. I’ve started posting work in progress (wip) photos on Instagram with how and where I got everything I have so far. You don't have to break the bank to make something unique. It doesn't even have to actually be from the era you're going for (although that would be nice). I am posting my progress in the hopes that it helps someone else out there who is trying to create something similar. Uncle Sam & Wooden Crate The tin U.S. Army recruiting poster is a replica, but it was only $8.99 on Amazon (who can beat 2 day shipping?). I got the crate at Home Depot for almost the same amount. Awesome Fanta & Coke bottles I picked these tasty gems up from the import aisle at the grocery store. They look antique and were only $1.25 each. Did I mention that they were delicious too? If you're go...