Peddling Planet Propaganda

I’ve always danced with subliminal—and sometimes flamboyant—messages, slinking, twirling and sliding my made-up propaganda across the ballroom floor. Coming up with fictional catch phrases and cheeky, dystopian propaganda is a fun pastime for me!

When I was in grade school, my best friend and I would perform little plays in our driveways for the neighborhood kids. What’s a good play without some commercials? To this day, the jingle she and I came up with for our “wonderful shrinking machine” still rings strong, and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.

I suppose The Year is E0422 has a bit of dystopian flair to it. A chapter I was editing was begging for a little bit of tender loving care. The cure? I added a new scene involving a television series. The series is nothing but shameless propaganda in its purest form. Too bad my character only got to see a clip of it. The world needs to indulge in retro costumes, cheesy dialogue, and go-go boot clad cops every now and then.

Here is a little E0422 concept piece I did just for fun. I recycled the guy from another drawing because I was just going for an idea. Even so, he is proud to serve his beloved empire



Saturday’s major accomplishment was finishing an advertisement for a device every proper citizen of the empire owns and enjoys. I’ll post that gem next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Kindness Matters

Hashtag Update

Sketching Through Those Hot Summer Days