Star Spangled City

I had a nice vacation last week--It was mostly a “staycation” if you want to put a trendy spin on just staying home, bumming around, and catching up on hobbies.


There was one day I did not stay home! I fulfilled a long time childhood dream I’ve had all these years! I went to Washington DC.

The thing that shocked me the most about it was the fact that the people were friendly and extremely nice. I was expecting the aloof coldness often associated with large cities. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was.

If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. The monuments are only half the fun. The museums are amazing. I got to see the original flag that had inspired our national anthem. It was in a dark display lit with what looked like black lights.

The Air and Space museum has the original space suits worn by Neal Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (although Neal's suit was not on display at the time because it was undergoing preservation stuff...yes, that's my technical word). 

Without further adieu, here are some pictures!

Those are not the original space suits (they were in a dimly lit display in another area)

The Lincoln Memorial

The Washington Memorial 


The above two pictures are of the White House

~ Be on the lookout for my next post--a video and a sample chapter of The Year is Now!

Popular posts from this blog

The Year is 2011

30 Miles to Awesomeville